The ultimate gift guide for the cook
In gearing up for the holidays and gifting season, it had to be done! Somebody needed to come out with the ultimate gift guide for the cook, and that someone was me! Don’t limit these to the holidays, but they are perfect for birthday, anniversary, “because I love you” gifts, wedding showers or a “get out of the doghouse” gift…haha So many people struggle with what to get someone as a gift, so I hope this list helps take a little stress off your shoulders! It’s mind blowing at how many things you need to cook with! I love to cook and I know millions of other people do too, so don’t worry, I’ve got ya covered with this gift guide!
Be sure and check out Ebates before shopping online. You guys know by now, how much I love that website! You get cash back, just for shopping online! You’d be silly not to. Plus there are double bonus days on certain stores, so you’ll be receiving double the cash back on those days! Also be sure and check out the Target RedCard. You also get a % off of your total during each shopping trip, online or in store! You can choose between 2 card options- one acts like a credit card, and the other one is just like a debit card that is connected to your account. If you’re going to be shopping there anyway, I thought it was a no-brainer to have that in my savings arsenal! Lastly, be sure and visit Macy’s for some of these items, because they are having an amazing sale!!!
Black Friday will be here before we know it, so get these on your list and get ready to snag them! Some of the stores have ALREADY began posting sales for it. Crazy, right!
The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Cook
- Instant Pot– There’s no doubt that this item had to be #1 on the list. I am calling it now, this will be the #1 gift item purchased in 2017, across the board! You hear about them and see them on almost all cooking websites, even the cook shows on TV are raving about them. Get it while its HOT………(did you see what I did there) lol
- Wooden Cutting Board– I have a large one and love it. I prefer bamboo over a plastic or silicone board, personally. It’s easy to clean, and healthier to cut on, I feel. I use a separate one for meats, and another one for vegetables.
- Kitchenaid Mixer– It’s a toss-up for me, which is my favorite kitchen item in my house. Its neck and neck between my crock pot and this mixer! EVERY kitchen needs one of these mixers. They have so many colors to choose from, to compliment your kitchen. Personally I think going smaller than a 5 qt, you are simply doing yourself an injustice. If I could re-buy one, it would be a 6 qt.
- Crock Pot– You knew it had to be on the list, right! This is perfect for every single human on this earth, and great for college students who don’t have time to cook, or the busy Mom/Dad especially! You can now even get these liners to go in them so it’s easy clean up. Again, the more quarts, the better when it comes to crock pots. Sometimes when cooking a whole chicken or large roast, with the vegetables, it’s almost full to the rim! I’ve heard fantastic things about the Ninja as well, which you can find here.
- Bamboo Utensil Set– You never have to worry about scratching your pans with wooden utensils and also feel good about cooking with wooden utensils, knowing that there are no chemicals that leach into your food! This makes a good stocking stuffer!
- Copper Pan– I have one and love it. Its my favorite to cook with, simply because you don’t need any oil(of any kind) to cook with, it cleans up nicely, and healthy to cook with. Here is the cookie sheet option as well.
- Extra Long Oven Mitts– Get a grip with these silicone oven mitts and don’t worry about burning your arms! They get 5 out of 5 stars and great reviews! If you’re looking to get a laugh out of someone, these bear paw mitts might be another great option! These are a wonderful double mitt option so you don’t burn your arms and can set the pot on.
- Roasting Pan– This Cuisinart is perfect to roast that Thanksgiving Turkey, plus it’s a bonus that you get all of the accessories that you need with it!
- Vegetable Spiralizer– I love to make zucchini noodles, (better known as zoodles), and use this each time. I especially love that it doesn’t take up much room in our drawer! You can use this on any vegetable.
- Cuisinart Hand Blender– We use ours everyday, almost to mix up our protein shakes. They’re easy to pull out and blend up something real quick on the stove, or any recipe! Also a staple for any household.
- Stainless mixing bowl w/ lids– There’s 2 things I especially like about a good mixing bowl, is that they have the grip on the bottom and also a lid! If you’re looking for a glass options, these are also great.
- Cooking Magazine Subscription– Everyone loves to discover new recipes, especially ones that come with beautiful pictures of it, delivered right to your door! There are TONS of cooking magazines to choose from and here are some great options that every foodie would love to receive monthly: Martha Stewart Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Allrecipes,
- Tovolo Pot Lid Lifts– Allows steam to escape so pots wont boil over. I gifted these to my mom and bought myself some a few holidays ago and have used them quite a bit. They are very inexpensive, they work great, and are so adorable!
- Multiple sized rubber spatulas– These are a must for every household, and they also work to layer icing on a dessert! I have many sizes, but what really took me by surprise is how much I use my smallest size! They make the perfect stocking stuffer as well. Here is a really cute holiday option as well.
- Measuring Cups– Potentially one of the most important gadgets a cook needs!!! It’s a good idea to have these in various sizes. Here is also a 4 cup one, and an 8 cup with a lid, which is a huge bonus! These are nice options if you prefer plastic ones that fit inside each other, plus they also come with the measuring spoons.
- Measuring spoons-I don’t know why, but I like my measuring spoons to be steel and round. Measuring spoons are a must for anyone who cooks. You really could “guess” at how much ingredient to put in, but I don’t even think celebrity chefs do that!!! If you have copper plated cookware and accessories, these measuring cups will match them perfectly and are simply gorgeous!
- Whisks– Also another staple item that’s great to have in multiple sizes. If you just need to whisk some eggs in a bowl, the smaller one is perfect for that. This is a flat whisk option, or a here is a nice stylish copper option from the Martha Stewart collection.
- Pyrex Glass Container Set– 22 piece glass food storage container set. This is a home run gift option for first time home owners or wedding showers as well as the holidays! They last forever and you don’t have to worry about any BPA, like you do with plastic food storage.
- Kitchen Towels– I don’t know a kitchen that doesn’t need these! They come in several color options, making it great to match any color scheme.
- Silpat Baking Mat– I’ve baked cookies on one of these now, for years and it just makes me a better baker! My kids think I make perfect chocolate chip cookies due to this little handy product! It prevents them from burning or sticking to your cookie sheet and you can use it as a working surface as well.
- Cuisinart white stainless steel cookware set– I am absolutely in love with the white cookware set! I cook with stainless steel, so we don’t have to worry about any chemicals accidentally getting in our food like some Calphalons have or other coated pans. These would look beautiful in any kitchen, and now I want a new set, myself!
- Calphalon Non-stock Muffin Pan– For all those muffins or cupcakes you’ll make throughout your children’s lives, you’ll definitely need one of these. I use these silicone muffin liners so, again, they don’t burn, plus they pop right out of these without sticking!
- Le Creuset Cast Iron– Ok people, listen up! These are definitely an investment, but will last you a lifetime! I have a few Le Creuset and they are well worth it. There are various sizes, plus cooking with cast iron is very beneficial to your health! It fortifies your food with iron! Win……Win!!! There are tons of color options, but I am obsessed with white everything in my kitchen! Below is the 5qt french oven option, but I have this 13 1/2 qt dutch oven that I will cook soups/chili in, and is the perfect size. If you visit the Le Creuset site here, they list all of the colors in every size possible and offer free shipping! There are competitor brands, however Le Creuset has been out longer, and I just feel a better brand than the others. My mom gave me my 13 1/2 qt one for Christmas one year and I just didn’t realize at the time, how much I would be using it. Thanks MOM!!!!
- Cast Iron Skillet– Yep, you knew it had to be on here. We have 3 size options, ourselves and even grill with them and put them in the oven! This one is pre-seasoned and also has a helper handle on it, because these babies are not lightweight! They’ll definitely last you a lifetime, however! This is a great guide on how to clean them, because there’s always the question of “do you clean them with soap or not”.
- Cutlery Set– Also a must have in any cook’s kitchen. This one is an 18 piece that is sure to last you a lifetime!
- Oil Drizzle Bottle– This just makes it easier to pour out of, plus you’ll appear like a professional when you whip this out!
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensil Set– I prefer using stainless because after a while, any coated utensil is going to burn off and flake off into your skillet, which in turn gets in your food!
- Hamburger Press– Impress your guests with perfectly shaped hamburgers! Also another item in my kitchen that we use ALOT! If your husband is the griller in the family, he can feel confidant about his burgers with this gadget!
- Vegetable Peeler– This inexpensive gadget is a must have! I mean what did we do before vegetable peelers?
- Strawberry Huller & Tomato Corer– We raise a garden each year and grow TONS of tomatoes, so we definitely use this gadget a lot! Such a simple little tool, but very effective. Great stocking stuffer!
- Hamilton Beach Flexbrew Coffee Maker– I have last year’s model and love it so much more than a Keurig! My husband likes more than a cup of coffee, but I only drink about a cup a day, so this is perfect for both options! You can not only use it for a k-cup, but also ground coffee for a single cup! GENIUS!!! This is the latest model of the flexbrew.
- Pizza Slicer– If you don’t eat pizza, I don’t know if we can be friends! Seriously tho…… This is an amazing pizza stone if you prefer making your own pizza’s, which are really fun for the kids, btw! Pizza stones are made so that the center cooks evenly, so you don’t have to worry about soggy centers!
- Colander– Also another item I’m not sure what we did before these were invented. Did people just not strain the grease out of things???? This is a great collapsible version if you are looking to save space.
- Sexy Apron– This will for sure make you have all eyes on the cook! A great way to lighten up things with a funny apron. And for the men, this is a perfect one with a surprise underneath! It will for sure get some laughs! For the more conservative cooks, these might be some “tamer” options.
- Kitchen Tongs– Stainless steel set of 2 size tongs and they come with a lifetime warranty! Another great stocking stuffer.
- Pairing Knives– I was told at my wedding shower that you can never have enough pairing knives, and I have found out just how true that is!
- Can opener– I know they make fancy electric ones, but you can never go wrong with the old standby!
- Serving Set– You know you’ll need these for every family gathering or anytime you’re entertaining! Stainless Steel just look nicer, and they’re easy to clean.
- Serving Platter, Plates & Bowls– Definitely a must if you’re going to be entertaining for guests, or have company over! I love the Threshold brand, because they’re affordable and match any decor. Find all sizes and options here.
- Tiered Servers– Perfect for cupcakes, appetizers, smores stand, or really ANYTHING! Macy’s has a big sale going on and they have tons of options to choose from, like these.
- Waffle Iron– In our house, waffles are so much cooler than pancakes! Don’t limit yourself to just waffles, however. You can use them for grilled cheese or hash browns, and many other things! I like a small one like this because it doesn’t take up too much room to store. If you really want your kids to eat their breakfast, buy them this mickey mouse waffle iron, they’ll LOVE it!
- Spice Rack– You need a place to hold all of those seasonings and this one does a great job! We also have this magnetic strip one that is out-of-the-way and a space saver for sure.
- Travel Cake Container– These are a must if you are bringing food to any holiday gathering, or they are perfect to keep your food fresh at home in! Here is a perfect cupcake travel container that holds 36 cupcakes! Also a must have is a casserole travel container to keep your food warm in. This one comes with the pyrex dish and lid. Rachel Ray makes a great lasagna carrier here.
- Air Fryer– Say What??? These are a much healthier option for meat, chips, shrimp & more, without the oil. Programmable timer and detachable food tray.
- Food Processor- I originally purchased one of these when I made homemade baby food, and I have continued to use it ALL THE TIME for recipes, and they are great for my protein bites that I’m obsessed with making for our family! I have a cuisinart and love it.
- Meat Thermometer– A cooks kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a meat thermometer!
- Rolling Pin-This one is a nice option because the marble stays cool, so your dough doesn’t stick to it.
- Box Grater– If you don’t want to get out your food processor for just a little bit of cheese or garnish, this is great to use!
- Cookie Trays– Cookies galore!!! How could I forget cookie sheets? If you make cookies, you’ll definitely need these cookie spatulas also. Baking cookies wouldn’t be complete unless you had these cookie cutters to make them!
- Trivets for hot dishes– Unless you store everything on the stove, you’ll definitely need some place to put your hot dishes. These bamboo trivets are durable and look really nice!
I hope with this list you’ve got everything covered for the perfect gift for the cook in your life! It’s amazing at just how many things are essential to cook with, and I feel this guide has you covered. Thanks for reading and be sure to follow me, below, for more gift guides throughout November!