I saw these in our gym, but never gave them much thought and would always walk right by them and onto the “regular treadmills”. I didn’t really understand them and just figured I was getting as good of a workout on a standard treadmill, but BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Here’s Six Reasons why a curved treadmill is better:
Curved Treadmill Difference
- It’s self-powered, which causes you to create momentum to turn the belt. As a result you use more muscle groups at the same time, more so than a standard treadmill.
- You burn about 30% more calories than a standard treadmill. So you’re scorching fat in less the time! This is especially great if you’re strapped for time.
- The running belt is friction less so it speeds up or slows down with you.
- They’re very useful for HIIT (high intensity interval training). You can hop on them for sprints and hop right off!
- They’re more compact, so if you have one at home, they take up less room
- Though they are pricey, there are less buttons to deal with electronically, with less likelihood to break down like a regular treadmill. They also use much less energy, so they’re easier on your electric bill!
Perfect for LISS Cardio
As long as I have time, I typically try to do LISS(low intensity steady state) cardio after my workouts. It helps rev my metabolism and keep me burning more calories throughout the day. I aim for 20 minutes because that is the target amount of time to put your body in a fat burning state. By the end of my session , I am dripping with sweat!
There are various studies done on curved treadmills that you can delve in deeper into research if you choose to. This is mostly to list the main benefits of a curved treadmill and why you should not be intimidated by something you haven’t tried at the gym yet. You might just end up LOVING IT!!! Same goes for a Jacobs Ladder! I’ll save that article for another post, but they are equally as awesome, if you’re looking for a killer cardio workout!
Follow me on Instagram
Be sure to follow me on my instagram accounts! I post most of my Fashion/Home/Living on www.instagram.com/awellpacedlife and all of my workouts on www.instagram.com/fitwithawpl
Thanks for reading and be sure and let me know what you think of the curved treadmill after hopping on one!!!