Nike Women’s Metcon 4 Training Shoe
Today I am talking all about the Nike Women’s Metcon 4 Training shoe. I love trying new workout shoes, but I also hate to part with them once they’re broken down. It’s as if I have formed a bond with them. After all, we’ve done so many training sessions together, hard work and sweat, it’s hard to just toss them! Does anyone else find it hard to toss their old sneakers? Please tell me I’m not the only one!!!
I had heard so many great things and read great reviews of this shoe, that I had to see for myself. Let me also say; I always give you guys my honest review of something, after I’ve had time to break it in and wear it for quite a while. It wouldn’t be fair to give you a review of a shoe that I haven’t even worn, or perhaps wore it once or twice in a training session. It takes time to break a pair in, and also for your feet to acclimate to a different pair.
Last week I was reviewing my Nike In Season TR 7 pair, so if you haven’t watched my video, you can view it here. If you’re on the hunt for some trainers, I definitely recommend you watch both of these videos.
Before deciding on a pair of trainers, you’ll need to look for a few things in a pair of trainers:
- If you’ll be doing any h.i.i.t movements, you’ll need a bit of cushioning in the sole, but not as much as running shoes have in them, due to the fact that over-cushioning can affect your balance when you’re doing a lot of side to side, jumping, etc. movements.
- STABILITY- most importantly! You want to make sure your foot is protected and doesn’t move around much
- Grip- You dont want slippery soles when you’re lifting heavy weights, for sure!
- Breathability- you’ll need this so your feet don’t get so hot that you’re miserable and be distracted from your training sessions
- Light & Flexible
- Least amount of heal drop
The Nike Women’s Metcon 4 is a gorgeous shoe, available in tons of colors, and here is where I purchased mine. They were running a good sized sale, so I was able to snag a pair. You can usually find a great deal on shoes here on Ebay, also! I’ve found tons of authentic, good products there, you just need to make sure you read the fine print and ask the seller questions if you have any doubt!