With tons of foundations on the market, it can be so confusing with what to buy! I have searched high and low and its taken me SEVERAL years to narrow them down, but I’ve finally found my favorite face foundations! Read below to hear about them!!!
My Favorite Face Foundations
I am a full coverage foundation girl. I found if I purchased shear or even medium coverage, that I was using more of it, faster. With full coverage, I have more control over how much I apply, and most of the time I will only use a small amount for my entire face! So it lasts even longer!!
I typically apply my foundation with my favorite brush, which you can find here. All of their brushes are amazing quality and you just can’t beat their prices. You can buy individual brushes or they have some great brush sets to choose from as well. To clean your brushes, here is an awesome tool to use! Mac makes a great brush cleaner, here, that comes in a large bottle and lasts FOREVER.
1) I don’t think I could choose if someone asked me what my #1 foundation out of these 5 would be. I choose to wear each foundation, depending on my day and what I am doing. I will say without a doubt, the longest-lasting(even through my sweatiest workouts) is this baby! True story: I needed to have my husband shoot some photos of me for a blog post, so I put on makeup before our workout. We did a hard-core h.i.i.t workout(high intensity interval training) and was crazy sweaty. We came home to clean up(knowing we were running errands later that day) I chose the lazy girls way and didn’t take my makeup off during my shower. I tried not to let the water hit my face, which I did need to tough up my eye makeup, because it ran a bit while showering. I am not kidding, after cleaning up and changing clothes, my husband complimented my makeup without knowing that I had not washed it off the entire time! When I told him that it was my original makeup from the morning, he was in shock, and needless to say, so was I! I typically don’t go around not washing my face, after a sweaty workout, so this was a rarity. This foundation is the HOLY GRAIL of long-lasting! It’s a beauty blogger favorite, and I can see why. It has full coverage, perfectly matches my natural skin tone and has a matte finish, but one you can make dewy with some setting spray.
2) Too Faced Born This Way– Another full coverage foundation, that goes on flawless! Sometimes I don’t even need concealer with this one. I love that it has a pump(I will say that is one negative about the Double Wear foundation is that it doesn’t have a pump). Honestly, I don’t even need a full pump of this on my brush to apply over my entire face. It’s infused with coconut water: which aids in moisturizing, Alpine Rose: empowering skin’s health and resilience, and Hyaluronic Acid: giving your skin a more youthful appearance.
3) Maybelline Fit Me Foundation– Definitely the most cost-friendly foundation of the 5. It provides a dewy finish without compromising coverage. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation. If you’re looking for a foundation with spf in it that is affordable, this is it! It helps protect you from the sun as well as being perfect for normal to dry skin. If you have normal to oily skin, this option is great for you!
4) I never intended on buying another full coverage foundation, however this one went on sale and I had seen rave after rave reviews on this brand! So, I decided to snag it and see what it was all about. It Cosmetics brand holds quite the mystique, and I have not been disappointed. I chose the illuminating option to offer just some slight highlighting ability, which gives you the perfect glow. The formula was designed by plastic surgeons and offers spf, plus hydration with the benefits of vitamins A, B, C & E in it. It’s almost like a multi-vitamin for your skin!!! It comes with an affordable price tag and also in pump form, so you can only pump out what you need. Again, I only use about a half of a pump on my foundation brush. If you don’t want that extra glow, this version comes with its own amazing reviews!
5) Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation– Again, I had heard amazing reviews of this foundation, and it was an easy one I could pack in my purse if need be. Its medium-full coverage, doesn’t cake at all, and is long-wearing. It comes with its own sponge, but you can easily use your own kabuki or foundation brush!