Everyone knows about Melissa & Doug, or at least they should! They make such awesome toys for all ages of children, that are really good quality. I’m sure there’s not a household that doesn’t have at least one of their toys, and we have several of them. What I like about their products is that they aren’t cheap materials, they are high quality and durable for little hands. You can go to their website and narrow it down as to what type of toy you are searching for(craft, stem, pretend play, fine motor skills, etc). They have such a large variety of options for both boys & girls. I thought I’d make it easy for you if you are searching for some great options for a 3-year-old. Here are some must have Melissa & Doug toys for a 3-year-old girl.
Must have Melissa & Doug toys for a 3-year-old girl
- Princess wooden stamp kit– all 3 of my children love stamps, and I don’t know one that doesn’t. They’re small, so they fit in their hands easily, and are perfect for your little “princess
- Baby doll– My almost 3-year-old is OBSESSED with baby dolls. Kid’s this age start the “nurturing phase”. You simply can’t go wrong with this one. They even have some that suck their thumb(however we are currently trying to break that habit with Reagan, so if you have a thumb sucker, this baby is a perfect option
- Sandwich kit– Let the pretend play begin! All of my children love to pretend like they are feeding us(now if I could only get them to make me real food…….hmmmmm). This sandwich kit has it all. If you already have a play kitchen, this is a perfect addition for it, plus it works great for a wide array of age groups!
- Puzzles– another home run option here. They are just the right size for your 3 year old’s little hands, they are wooden, so they are durable! Kid’s this age really love these. Melissa & Doug has so many puzzle options to choose from for all age groups!
- Lace and trace puppy– This is an awesome toy for fine motor skills. This really helps little ones focus and follow and begin to learn what a pattern is, and helps with coordination. Again, its wooden so it’s very durable. They have several lace up toys to choose from.
- Ice cream parlor pretend play– what kid doesn’t love ice cream!!! They’ll have a blast serving some up in their ice cream shop. There is a ton of pretend food to choose from, but I think the ice cream is a home run!
- Reusable sticker pad– my oldest daughter has one of these, that she received from a birthday in the past, and loves it. You can reuse them and there are so many different scenes on every page. They can really put their imagination into use with this one. Plus you wont find stickers all over your walls or furniture, because they are specially designed for the pad. GENIUS!!
- Star diner restaurant set– Let them make you coffee & breakfast! Again, pretend play really works on building their imagination, and this is sure to be a hit and make for some fun. They’ll be kept busy with this one, maybe even allowing you to slip away for some “real” coffee in the other room!!!
- Color by dots- coloring pad. I love this because there is a dot with each color you need to use on each item. It helps teach them to follow directions, and they’ll be so proud of their new picture when its finished! Kids and even adults love coloring, so this again, is another home run. This will keep them busy for a long time!
- Water color paint– simple and washes up easily as well. They’ll love showing you they’re masterpiece! Always a solid item to choose for a 3-year-old.
- Jumbo multi-themed coloring pad– Another coloring item, but it’s so important to channel their inner artist! Coloring just helps so many things with young children. Coordination, focus, concentration, motor skills, and several more. Melissa & Doug has so many theme’s to choose from.