Inside My Gym Bag
I have been meaning to write this post for some time, but for some reason, I just hadn’t, yet. So, better late than never, right? I’ve been wanting to show you what’s Inside My Gym Bag because they’re products I use every single time I go to the gym. Literally, almost more important than what’s in my purse(besides my wallet) 🙂
I am typically a minimalistic person. If there’s something I don’t really need and won’t use often, then it’s not in my bag. One thing that isn’t shown in these pictures is my handkerchief…..because your girl here….sweats a ton, during each workout….so it was in the wash when I took these! Yep, I carry an old man handkerchief. It’s yellow if that makes up for it!
-Inside My Gym Bag-
- Gym Bag– The Most important thing, obviously. I searched and searched for the perfect gym bag. I started out with one of those string backpacks that had no pockets or anything, I contemplated a Lululemon one, until I refused to pay their price! Then, it was like the clouds parted and the sun came out, with the music. I had found my gym bag!!! YESSSS It was the perfect size, comfort, several colors to choose from, a specific place I could put my phone while walking to/from the gym, lightweight, and the price…..oh the price was good! Majorly good!!! I love this gym bag because I can fit a pair of shoes, everything you see here, plus some. Well, I don’t carry around an entire jug of protein, just so you know. If you prefer a backpack, they make this one also, that has received over 4000 great reviews!
- Water Bottle– I am going out on a limb here and telling myself that most other humans on this earth have several water bottles, much like myself. Whose with me on that one? Anyone else a water bottle hoarder? The day that I was at Target (coughs..m…once a week), they were out of the specific Contigo I was originally looking for, like this one, and I needed one that day (because the other 5 that I have, weren’t good enough for some reason) haha There are thousands of water bottles to choose from in this world. This is a neat one that lights up to remind you when you need to drink more water! So cool If you’re a person that really chugs a lot of water at the gym, this 1/2 gallon one is perfect for you.
- Ear Buds– Also something else that I’ve gone through several pair, before finding a quality pair that doesn’t fall out and sounds amazing…..and also to block out all the grunters at the gym (eye roll). I do weight training, cardio and HIIT work in these and love them! These are another popular sport earbud that gets tons of reviews that you can check out as well.
- Powerlifting/Weight training Gloves– Yet another important accessory to have in your bag! These save my palms when weight training, big time. I wanted a white pair and ones with leather. The gloves that have leather on the palms, last longer, plus you get a better grip on the dumbbells or bar bell.
- Pull-up Assisted Resistance Bands– I have this set as well, but needed a .25″ width band that are perfect for hooking under my feet and doing shoulder work! This is just what the Dr. ordered, or ummm what I ordered and its perfect. I also have these 4 resistance bands that I can do a lot of lower body work with, but still do some arm exercises as well. Bands are so versatile and there’s just so many exercises you can do with them. The best thing is, they’re easy to pack in a suitcase or travel anywhere with you!
6)BCAA’s– Something I’ve discovered is that if I don’t drink BCAA’s during my workout, is I get less of a “pump” if you will. It gives me just a little zing to my sessions and helps me get an extra couple of reps in when I really need to push myself. I used to hear people say this exact thing and thought it was nonsense, until I started drinking them during my workouts, and then I understood and agreed! I have these in Pineapple and it tastes delicious. I recently tried the Candy Watermelon, and it tasted exactly like a watermelon jolly rancher (my mouth is literally watering right now). So good!!!! They have a Vegan option also if you prefer.
7) Protein– Over the years, I have realized that I am less bloated if I drink plant protein after my workouts, and it’s taken me a while to find ones that taste good and ones that are clean (without any fillers). You can’t go wrong with this line, in my opinion as well as this one. The Garden of Life protein also contains Amino Acids as well as Probiotics, which is pretty much a 3 in 1 protein!!! I typically will get 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla, and that way I can also bake with them. I make tons of protein bites/bars for my family, so I am always using them! I have also tried this one and this also. If you prefer egg protein, they taste very good and are clean, without fillers.
8) Phone Tripod– For the longest time, I struggled on how to film my workouts, and found this little gym! Its been a game changer, yet I still haven’t figured out how to prevent people from walking in front of it, when filming (sigh) It’s so small, compact, has very strong magnets, and you can bend the legs, however you like. Even if you aren’t a fitness blogger, these are great if you want to see your form when lifting, to see if you need to correct it.
***I also sometimes carry a shaker cup if I am not going directly home afterwards. I typically will drink a protein shake within 30 minutes after a workout. That way my muscles are getting the most benefit from my workout! You can find tons of them here.